Multithreading is a process which helps us to do multitasking. Multithreading is very useful for saving time and improving performance, but it cannot be applied everywhere.
Multithreading allows us to multiple tasks which are unrelated processes. These processes do not share their resources and communicate through IPC.
A thread has a starting point, an execution sequence, and a result.
We have a module thread in python. We can easily import it in our program.
We have another module threading.
Threading module is used for creating, controlling and managing threads in python program.
There is another module name as queue. It is primarily used to manage to process large amounts of data on multiple threads.
The queue module allows you to create a new queue object that can hold a specific number of items.
We can easily import it in our program.
There are following methods to control the Queue −
- get() − The get() removes and returns an item from the queue.
- put() − The put adds item to a queue.
- qsize() − The qsize() returns the number of items that are currently in the queue.
- empty() − The empty( ) returns True if queue is empty; otherwise, False.
- full() − the full() returns True if queue is full; otherwise, False.
This is all about multithreaded priority queue.