The operations being carried out on data, are represented by operators. The symbol that trigger the operations on data are called operators.
Types of operators in python:-
- Arithmetic operator
- Assignment Operator
- Comparison operator
- Logical operators
- Membership operators
- Identity operators
- Bitwise operator
1)Arithmetic operator- It is used to perform arithmetic operations between variables.
2) Assignment operators- It is used to assign values to variable.
3) Comparison operator- These operators are used to compare two variables.
|!=||not equal to||x!=y|
|>=||Greater than or equal to||x>=y|
|<=||Less than or equal to||x<=y|
4) Logical operators- These operators are used to combine conditional statements.
|and||returns true if both statements are true|
|or||Returns true if one of the statement is true|
|not||Returns false if the result is true|
5) Identity operators- Identity operators are used to compare the objects, not if they are equal, but if they are actually the same object, with the same memory location.
|is||Returns True if both variables are the same object||x is y|
|is not||Returns True if both variables are not the same object||x is not y|
6) Membership operator- Membership operators are used to check if a sequence is present in an object.
|in||Returns True if a sequence with the specified value is present in the object||x in y|
|not in||Returns True if a sequence with the specified value is not present in the object||x not in y|
7) Bitwise operator- Bitwise operators are used to compare binary numbers.
|&||AND||Sets each bit to 1 if both bits are 1|
||||OR||Sets each bit to 1 if one of two bits is 1|
|^||XOR||Sets each bit to 1 if only one of two bits is 1|
|~||NOT||Invert all the bits.|
|<<||Shift left by pushing zeros in from the right and let the leftmost bits fall of|
|>>||Shift right by pushing copies of the leftmost bit in from the left, and let the rightmost bits fall off|
This is all about operators in python.